Spiritually Integrative Psychotherapy
Dr. Hooper will help you by:
- Examining with you the existential underpinnings of your distress and joy
- Accompanying you into the basement of unexamined life issues
- Assisting you to distinguish spirituality from religion
- Guiding you to reintegrate deep values and convictions into daily life practices
- Teaching you how to discover your most authentic self and connect to it
- Instructing you in the four pillars of spirituality congruent with various healthy religious expressions
Dr. Hooper treats people with depression, anxiety, trauma, dependency, and other disorders of mood or thought. These concerns often manifest in the midst of broader relational, philosophical, and life challenging situations.
He utilizes a psycho-spiritual approach. Which means, he draws upon the precepts of clinical and counseling psychology with the insights of spiritual wisdom to help minimize suffering and maximize wholeness and wellbeing. He engages this process in individual, couple, and family counseling
With the devout, he sometimes prays. With the agnostic, he invites wonder, awe, and appreciation for all that is life affirming. With Christians, he engages in theological discussion so long as it supports personal transformation and integration to become their truest selves.